Engineering Manager Facebook (Menlo Park, Mar 2019 - present)
• Started a new team to take Portal App to the next level;
• Established scalable release pipeline and QA flow;
• Drove product development together with PM and Design teams;
• Organised and hosted Kotlin/Everywhere meetup for software engineers in SF Bay Area.
Lead Software Engineer Facebook (Menlo Park, Jun 2018 - present)
• Launched the new App for Android and iOS in less than 6 months of active development;
• Shaped cutting edge products with the Portal team.
Freelance Android Engineer (Berlin, Oct 2017 - May 2018)
• Crafting Android Apps and advising on the best practices for VIP Customers;
• Proud to be contracted by Novoda (Google Certified Agency);
• Implementing new features for the 10M+ downloads app. API 17+, Unidirectional Workflow/MVI, Architecture Components, RxJava2, Kotlin.
Founder & Editor ProAndroidDev.com (Apr 2017 - Present)
• Medium Publication collecting in-depth blog posts written by Android Professionals and Google Developer Experts;
• Built from scratch together with a team of experienced developers.
Android Engineer and Feature Team Lead Zalando SE (Aug 2015 - Sep 2017)
• Zalando Android App: Europe’s biggest online retailer for clothing, 10M+ downloads;
• Led iOS+Android+Backend feature team, responsible for all aspects of app tracking. Established delivery process and communications with different stakeholders;
• Reimplemented several app screens to split the logic using MVP pattern and increased test coverage. API 14+, Kotlin, Retrofit, RxJava, Picasso, Jenkins CI;
• Interviewed candidates for junior, middle, senior, and tech lead roles;
• The app was featured as Editor’s Choice and Top Developer by Google.
Android Engineer Spotler/MailPlus BV (Jan 2014 - Jul 2015)
• Android applications development in partnership with DAXX BV (Kyiv, Ukraine);
• Solo projects with a full scope of responsibilities.
• Project: Financial Regulation Applier. Java6, Scala, Vaadin, Hibernate3, Oracle 10 DB;
• Distributed Scrum team of 7+ engineers.
Android Apps Development for fun and profit (Jun 2012 - Jul 2015)
• Car Rentals Market Android client. Leading team of 3 engineers;
• Split - The Antisocial App. Facebook SDK 3.5, Google Maps v2, KitLocate, Gradle;
• Android video blackbox recorder. Google Maps v2, Camera, GPS;
• Simple Player: Android audio player. API 8+, MediaStore, MediaPlayer.
Junior Software Engineer Epam Systems (Aug 2012 - Mar 2013)
• GreenWay App for web & Android to show pollution level on the map. Technologies used: Android SDK, Google Maps API, Glassfish 3, PrimeFaces;
• Internship study course. JavaEE technology stack, MySQL & PostgreSQL databases.
Startup Project Manager CMT (Oct 2011 - Apr 2012)
• Product development and organizing manufacturing process: Blade server for mini-ITX mainboards;
• Leading team of 5 engineers.